Rapides Parish Fair Association, Inc.
Mailing Address: 300 Grady Britt Drive Alexandria, Louisiana 71302
Phone Number: (318) 767-3968
Fax Number: (318) 767-3971
Jimbo Thiels -President
G. H. "Bubba Cross - Vice President
D. D. Fuller - Treasurer
Lou Altazan-Brown - Secretary
Board of Directors
E. A. Andries, Jr.
G. H. "Bubba" Cross
D. D. Fuller
James Thiels, Jr.
Ronald "Squeaky" Williams
1. Entries in all classes, unless otherwise specified, will be limited to Rapides Parish residents only, regardless of race, color, sex, age, handicap, religion, or national origin.
2. The Rapides Parish Fair of Louisiana reserves to its Board of Directors the final and absolute right to
interpret these rules and regulations and arbitrarily settle and determine all matters, questions, and differences in regard thereto or otherwise arising out of, connected with or incident to the fair.
3. The Board of Directors reserves the right to amend or add to these rules as they, in their judgment, may deem advisable. In the event of conflict of general and specific rules, the latter will govern.
4. Any person who violates any of the following or special rules will forfeit all privileges and premiums and may be subject to such penalty as the Board of Directors may order.
5. The following rules and regulations will apply to each and every department of the fair and exhibitors and concessionaires are required to familiarize themselves with all rules.
6. The 56th Annual Rapides Parish Fair will be held in Alexandria, Louisiana, October 12-16 on Hwy 71 South in Alexandria, Louisiana. The Board of Directors has the right to postpone, extend, or cancel the dates of the fair for any cause whatsoever, which they deem necessary for the good of all concerned.
7. All entries must be entered at the fairgrounds in their respective division according to the schedule.
8. All livestock exhibits must remain intact until 7:00 a.m.., Sunday, October 16, 2016. Exhibits in the exhibit building must remain intact until 4:00 p.m., Sunday October 16, 2016 the closing day of fair. Failure to comply with this requirement will bar said exhibitor from participating in premiums which may have awarded by the judge in any department of the fair.
9. All items not advancing to State Fair are to be picked up at the Rapides Parish Fair between the hours of 4:00 p.m.-5:30 pm. on Sunday, October 16, 2016. Articles not picked up after the Rapides Parish Fair must be picked up between 7:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Monday, October 17, 2016 at the State Evac Shelter. At the end of this period, if not claimed, these items will be donated to a worthy cause.
10. *Instructions for items progressing to the State Fair are available as a SEPARATE FACT SHEET. You may obtain one from the Extension/4-H Office.
11. No entrance fee will be charged on an article or animal entered for exhibit, except where otherwise specified.
12. The premiums will be paid up to the amount stated on the premium list, if available. Otherwise, they will be cut in proportion to the excess.
13. No premium will be awarded when the article is unworthy though there be no competition. No premium will be awarded in any department except as definitely stated in this premium list. Decision of the judges will be final.
14. All property of every character entered for competition, display or other purposes, or being anywhere n the fairgrounds, shall be subject to the control of the Rapides Fair Association Board of Directors.
15 In no case shall the Rapides Fair Association Board of Directors be held responsible for any loss, damage, injury, or death by disease of any character, to any such property or persons, while the same is on the fairgrounds.
16. All exhibitors will be responsible for entering, displaying, maintaining and removing their exhibits.
No professional of a category may enter that category of the fair.
17. The management reserves the right to remove from the grounds any exhibit, animal, concession, or show that may be falsely entered and may be deemed unsuitable or objectionable by them without assigning in a reason therefore.
18. Nothing will be sold, given away, raffled or otherwise disposed of by an exhibitor or concessionaire
with the same as specifically designated in this contract unless given permission by the fair board. No concessionaire will be allowed to display, sell or give away beer, whiskey, or wine.
19.All exhibits in the exhibit building and the livestock barn must be officially entered in the fair
and have a class number assigned to it.
20. Articles exhibited in previous years at the Rapides Parish Fair will be disqualified.